Martin Luther King, Jr. started out as a human rights activist – but he spoke many words of such great wisdom that they still ring true today. While much of what he said was about oppression and freedom, there was also a number of golden nuggets about personal growth.
Here are 12 self improvement quotes from Martin Luther King, Jr.:
1. The time is always right to do what is right.
2. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
3. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
4. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
5. We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies
6. The quality, not the longevity, of one’s life is what is important.
7. An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
8. Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
9. We must use time creatively.
10. We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.
11. Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
12. Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.
If you would like to share this on Pinterest, please use any one of the images below: